About this book
This book provides readers with cutting-edge techniques that can be applied to energy and environmental economics. Further, it highlights the effects that both globalization and economic growth have on the environment. In addition to offering a broader perspective on the relationship between environmental pollution, energy consumption and economic growth, the book studies the relationship between economic growth and environmental damage by drawing on the theoretical hypothesis of the Environmental Kuznets Curve.
The book presents new econometric techniques and innovative approaches to the study of the energy economy. Accordingly, it can be used to help analyse the current state of the energy economy, the environment and globalization, and can serve as a theoretical reference manual for doctoral students and academics seeking new analytical techniques.
Chapter "How Total Factor Productivity Drives Long-Run Energy Consumption in Saudi Arabia" is available open access under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License via link.springer.com.
Environmental Kuznets Curve Economic Growth Energy Consumption Energy Policies Renewable Energy Sources Techniques for environmental economics
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-06001-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-06000-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-06001-5
- Series Print ISSN 1865-3529
- Series Online ISSN 1865-3537
- Buy this book on publisher's site