About this book
The book specifies five macro-periods in the history of globalization and comprehensively covers the first four, from roughly the 9th – 7th millennia BC to World War I. For each period, it identifies the most important network-related developments that facilitated (or even spurred on) such transitions and had the greatest impacts on the history of globalization.
By analyzing the world system's transition to new levels of complexity and connectivity, the book provides valuable insights into the course of Big History and the evolution of human societies.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05707-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Social Sciences Social Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-05706-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-05707-7
- Series Print ISSN 2522-0985
- Series Online ISSN 2522-0993
- Buy this book on publisher's site