Table of contents
About this book
This book analyzes the dynamic political economy of authoritarian institutions in China and attempts to answer the following questions: What is the significance of China's authoritarian institutions and the changes Xi Jinping has brought to them? Why did the Chinese elites go along with the changes that affected them negatively? Through these questions, the author unravels the mechanics of authoritarian resilience as well as its dynamics. The work reviews both literatures on China studies and comparative authoritarianism to introduce a general framework for analyzing authoritarian institutional change under dictatorships.
Hans H. Tung is Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science and Research Associate of the Center for Research in Econometric Theory and Applications at National Taiwan University, Taiwan.
Political Economy China Authoritarian Institutions Xi Jingping Communist Party of China Chinese Politics Asian Politcs
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-04828-0
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-04827-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-04828-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site