Table of contents
About this book
This book brings together multiple critical assessments of the current state and future visions of global development studies. It examines how the field engages with new paradigms and narratives, methodologies and scientific impact, and perspectives from the Global South. The authors focus on social and democratic transformation, inclusive development and global environmental issues, and implications for research practices. Leading academics provide an excellent overview of recent insights for post-graduate students and scholars in these research areas.
Isa Baud is Emeritus Professor of International Development Studies at the University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.Elisabetta Basile is Professor of Development Economics at the University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy.
Tiina Kontinen is Senior Lecturer at the Master Degree Programme in Development and International Cooperation, University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
Susanne von Itter is Executive Director of EADI, Germany.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Building Development Studies for the New Millennium
Susanne von Itter
- Series Title EADI Global Development Series
- Series Abbreviated Title EADI Global Development Series
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-04052-9
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-04051-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-04052-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXI, 406
- Number of Illustrations 7 b/w illustrations, 11 illustrations in colour
Development and Social Change
Development and Post-Colonialism
Development and Sustainability
- Buy this book on publisher's site