About this book
“This book provides valuable insights in contemporary water challenges in China and the existing and newly developed legal and policy answers to these challenges. Using an excellent thematic framework it offers a thorough analysis and an innovative perspective for students, researchers, practitioners and policy makers. I can highly recommend this book to everyone who works in the field of water resources management.”
—Marleen van Rijswick, Professor, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
“This book’s primary strength lies in how well the author is able to link academic theory and discussion to real water challenges in China. The analysis is objective and thorough, providing valuable context and content for scholars who wish to understand China’s water governance, no matter their disciplinary or thematic specializations.”
—Tianbao Qin, Professor, Wuhan University, China
This book applies an interdisciplinary governance assessment framework to assess China’s water quality governance from a holistic point of view. The project explores China’s water quality status, water policy discourses, water regulations, public participation in water governance, the path towards green water law, eco-compensation approach in water quality management and the implementation mechanism for achieving water goals. It will appeal to academics in water law, researchers and practitioners dealing with water management, as well as a general audience interested in water issues.
Liping Dai is Researcher at the Chinese Public Administration Research Center, School of Government, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China, and at the Utrecht Center for Water, Oceans and Sustainability Law at Utrecht University, the Netherlands.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-02874-9
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-02873-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-02874-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site