About this book
This book presents solutions to the problems arising in two trends in mobile computing and their intersection: increased mobile traffic driven mainly by sophisticated smart phone applications; and the issue of user demand for lighter phones, which cause more battery power constrained handhelds to offload computations to resource intensive clouds (the second trend exacerbating the bandwidth crunch often experienced over wireless networks). The authors posit a new solution called spectrum aware cognitive mobile computing, which uses dynamic spectrum access and management concepts from wireless networking to offer overall optimized computation offloading and scheduling solutions that achieve optimal trade-offs between the mobile device and wireless resources. They show how in order to allow these competing goals to meet in the middle, and to meet the promise of 5G mobile computing, it is essential to consider mobile offloading holistically, from end to end and use the power of multi-radio access technologies that have been recently developed. Technologies covered in this book have applications to mobile computing, edge computing, fog computing, vehicular communications, mobile healthcare, mobile application developments such as augmented reality, and virtual reality.
- Gives readers valuable insights into the future of mobile computing and communication;
- Touches on wireless technologies such as 5G, mobile edge computing (MEC), mobile cloud services, and cognition-based networking;
- Provides examples throughout the book to provide insight into real world scenarios.
Cloud Services Cognitive Networking Optimization and Applied Modeling 5G Mobile Edge Computing Distributed Computing Sharing and Management Fog Computing Mobile Offloading
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-02411-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-02410-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-02411-6
- Series Print ISSN 1860-4862
- Series Online ISSN 1860-4870
- Buy this book on publisher's site