About this book
The opening chapters give some historical hints, explain the genetic basis of the disease and provide insights into the pathogenesis derived from recent experimental studies and guides the reader through classification and nomenclature. A large part of the book is then devoted to a detailed description of the specific related diseases and their clinical presentations, the disease course, and potential complications. The advice regarding treatment is based on the best currently available evidence in this constantly evolving area.
The book is part of Springer’s series Rare Diseases of the Immune System, which presents recently acquired knowledge on pathogenesis, diagnosis, and therapy with the aim of promoting a more holistic approach to these conditions. AAVs are systemic autoimmune diseases of unknown cause that affect small (to medium) sized blood vessels. They include granulomatosis with polyangiitis (formerly Wegener's granulomatosis), microscopic polyangiitis, and eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis (formerly Churg–Strauss syndrome).
This volume will be an invaluable source of up-to-date information for all practitioners involved in the care of patients with these diseases.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-02239-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-02238-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-02239-6
- Series Print ISSN 2282-6505
- Series Online ISSN 2283-6403
- Buy this book on publisher's site