Table of contents
About this book
A manned mission to Mars is faced with challenges and topics that may not be obvious but of great importance and challenging for such a mission. This is the first book that collects contributions from scholars in various fields, from astronomy and medicine, to theology and philosophy, addressing such topics. The discussion goes beyond medical and technological challenges of such a deep-space mission. The focus is on human nature, human emotions and biases in such a new environment.
The primary audience for this book are all researchers interested in the human factor in a space mission including philosophers, social scientists, astronomers, and others. This volume will also be of high interest for a much wider audience like the non-academic world, or for students.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-02059-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-02058-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-02059-0
- Series Print ISSN 2199-3882
- Series Online ISSN 2199-3890
- Buy this book on publisher's site