About this book
This book offers a user friendly, hands-on, and systematic introduction to applied and computational harmonic analysis: to Fourier analysis, signal processing and wavelets; and to their interplay and applications. The approach is novel, and the book can be used in undergraduate courses, for example, following a first course in linear algebra, but is also suitable for use in graduate level courses. The book will benefit anyone with a basic background in linear algebra. It defines fundamental concepts in signal processing and wavelet theory, assuming only a familiarity with elementary linear algebra. No background in signal processing is needed. Additionally, the book demonstrates in detail why linear algebra is often the best way to go. Those with only a signal processing background are also introduced to the world of linear algebra, although a full course is recommended.
The book comes in two versions: one based on MATLAB, and one on Python, demonstrating the feasibility and applications of both approaches. Most of the MATLAB code is available interactively. The applications mainly involve sound and images. The book also includes a rich set of exercises, many of which are of a computational nature.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01812-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-01811-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-01812-2
- Series Print ISSN 1867-5506
- Series Online ISSN 1867-5514
- Buy this book on publisher's site