Table of contents
About these proceedings
This volume resulted from presentations given at the international “Brainstorming Workshop on New Developments in Discrete Mechanics, Geometric Integration and Lie–Butcher Series”, that took place at the Instituto de Ciencias Matemáticas (ICMAT) in Madrid, Spain. It combines overview and research articles on recent and ongoing developments, as well as new research directions.
Why geometric numerical integration? In their article of the same title Arieh Iserles and Reinout Quispel, two renowned experts in numerical analysis of differential equations, provide a compelling answer to this question. After this introductory chapter a collection of high-quality research articles aim at exploring recent and ongoing developments, as well as new research directions in the areas of geometric integration methods for differential equations, nonlinear systems interconnections, and discrete mechanics. One of the highlights is the unfolding of modern algebraic and combinatorial structures common to those topics, which give rise to fruitful interactions between theoretical as well as applied and computational perspectives.The volume is aimed at researchers and graduate students interested in theoretical and computational problems in geometric integration theory, nonlinear control theory, and discrete mechanics.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01397-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-01396-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-01397-4
- Series Print ISSN 2194-1009
- Series Online ISSN 2194-1017
- Buy this book on publisher's site