Table of contents
About this book
This text provides expert instruction on the varying surgical techniques currently employed for the regeneration of the ocular surface. Corneal Regeneration: Therapy and Surgery begins with a thorough discussion of current research based on data obtained in clinical human studies, and discusses the potential clinical implications for this promising new stage of eye surgery. Sections devoted to the stem cell, regenerative surgery and therapy of the ocular surface epithelium, corneal stroma, and corneal endothelium follow, each section comprehensively covering applied anatomy, current therapy and regenerative techniques, with a look to future directions of the field including eventual cell therapy.
Corneal Regeneration: Therapy and Surgery is the first book of its kind, systematically covering the developments the medical community has achieved in corneal regeneration from all angles. Written and edited by leading experts in the field, researchers and ophthalmologists alike will find this to be a unique source of information on corneal regeneration, as well as a thoughtful reflection on potential applications of regenerative surgery in ophthalmology as a whole.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01304-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-01303-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-01304-2
- Series Print ISSN 1612-3212
- Series Online ISSN 2196-890X
- Buy this book on publisher's site