Table of contents
About this book
Providing a timely and much-needed resource on LTAs, the book helps readers recognize the importance and nature of teachers’ professional development, while also contributing to the process of educational change. In order to achieve a suitable level of educational and policy change, a research base for LTAs is called for. This book represents a step in the right direction, introducing readers to essential research on the central role of LTAs in language teachers’ development.
Although pre-service and in-service education programs, to be found at government and/or private institutions, are of great value, it is impossible to prepare teachers for all the challenges they will face throughout their careers. In response, many professional associations also provide a wide range of professional development activities for their teacher members.The book will be of interest to language teachers, graduate students, teacher educators and researchers, educational leaders and policymakers, as well as teacher associations.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-00967-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-00966-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-00967-0
- Series Print ISSN 2193-7648
- Series Online ISSN 2193-7656
- Buy this book on publisher's site