About this book
Using the look-ahead trip information, the authors of the book propose intelligent optimal model-based control systems to minimize the total energy cost, for both grid-derived electricity and fuel. The multilayer intelligent control system proposed consists of trip planning, an ecological cruise controller, and a route-based energy management system. An algorithm that is designed to take advantage of previewed trip information to optimize battery depletion profiles is presented in the book. Different control strategies are compared and ways in which connecting vehicles via vehicle-to-vehicle communication can improve system performance are detailed.
Intelligent Control of Connected Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles is a useful source of information for postgraduate students and researchers in academic institutions participating in automotive research activities. Engineers and designers working in research and development for automotive companies will also find this book of interest.
Advances in Industrial Control reports and encourages the transfer of technology in control engineering. The rapid development of control technology has an impact on all areas of the control discipline. The series offers an opportunity for researchers to present an extended exposition of new work in all aspects of industrial control.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-00314-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Intelligent Technologies and Robotics Intelligent Technologies and Robotics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-00313-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-00314-2
- Series Print ISSN 1430-9491
- Series Online ISSN 2193-1577
- Buy this book on publisher's site