About this book
This brief examines the interaction and synergy between the philosophical concepts embedded in the ideas of Community Oriented Policing (C.O. P.) and urban security aided by technological innovations. While the philosophy of C.O.P. stresses the importance of collaboration between members of the public and its police forces technology that is becoming rapidly integrated in various police tactics creates new legal challenges and operational hurdles. This approach, coined as “Next Generation Community Policing”, is discussed through the chapters of the brief and illustrated with examples from a number of different countries and their approaches to this topic.
This Brief will be of interest to researchers in criminology and criminal justice, particularly in police studies, as well as related fields such as urban security planning and sociology.
Community Policing Policing and Technology Community oriented policing Policing Technology Policy and Society Police Research
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-00299-2
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Law and Criminology
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-00298-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-00299-2
- Series Print ISSN 2192-8533
- Series Online ISSN 2192-8541
- Buy this book on publisher's site