About this book
Lee and Watkinson's Techniques in Interventional Radiology series of handbooks describes in detail the various interventional radiology procedures and therapies that are in current practice. The series covers procedures in angioplasty and stenting, transcatheter embolization and therapy, biopsy and drainage and ablation. Forthcoming are volumes on pediatric interventional radiology and neurointerventional radiology.
Each book is laid out in bullet point format, so that the desired information can be located quickly and easily. Interventional radiologists at all stages, from trainees through to specialists, will find this book a valuable asset for their practice.
Transcatheter Embolisation and Therapy approaches the procedure in two ways . Section I systematically describes the techniques of transcatheter embolization and addresses the issues surrounding embolization procedures. Section II,on the other hand, presents specific organ systems and pathologies that undergo embolization therapy.
Dr. David Kessel is a Consultant Radiologist at the Leeds Teaching Hospitals, UK, and Dr. Charles Ray, Jr. is Professor of Radiology and Co-Director of Research at the University of Colorado Denver Health Sciences Center, USA.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Transcatheter Embolization and Therapy
- Series Title Techniques in Interventional Radiology
- Series Abbreviated Title Tech.Intervent.Radiology
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84800-897-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-84800-896-0
- eBook ISBN 978-1-84800-897-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XX, 506
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Imaging / Radiology
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:“‘This book is thorough and authoritative. With a list of contributors … the editors have successfully distilled that collective knowledge into this comprehensive yet handy-sized volume. It’s well-written and well-thought-out with clear layout and relevant figures … . It’s comprehensive, written with an accessible, almost conversational style. This is highly recommended to interventionalists both new and old.’” (BMA Medical Book Awards, September, 2011)