About this book
Since the first laparoscopic approach for a urologic tumor was performed in 1991, the field has evolved dramatically and minimally invasive surgery is today a significant surgical option for the treatment of patients with prostate and other urologic cancers. Laparoscopic Techniques in Urologic Oncology is a comprehensive technical manual of these current laparoscopic practices written by a panel of international contributors.
Laparoscopic Techniques in Urologic Oncology includes many illustrations documenting each step of each procedure, as well as descriptions of nuances and common pitfalls. By emphasizing successful techniques, this book will be of use to the surgeons wanting to hone their skills in laparoscopy and for residents just entering this highly demanding field.
Specific chapters include the following procedures:
- Adrenal gland tumors (radical/partial adrenalectomy)
- Bladder cancer (radical cystectomy and urinary diversion)
- Kidney tumors (radical/partial nephrectomy)
- Pelvic lymph node dissection
- Prostate cancer (radical prostatectomy)
- Testis cancer (retroperitoneal lymph node dissection)
- Upper urinary tract cancers (nephro-uretectomy)