About this book
Digital imaging is now available to all amateur astronomers at a reasonable price. The advent of CCDs, DSLRs and – perhaps most significantly – webcams mean today’s astronomers can make colorful planetary or deep-sky images of breathtaking beauty.
The results obtained with even modest equipment can be spectacular, but of course they depend crucially on the computer processing of the images after they have been captured.
Enhancing Digital Images is not just an introduction to image processing, it is a deeply practical, comprehensive and fully illustrated in-depth guide to using a digital camera, performing image reduction and undertaking image enhancement – all without jargon or math.
Here is everything you need to know about processing digital astronomical images, regardless of whether you are experienced or a relative beginner!
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84628-703-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-84628-580-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-84628-703-9
- Series Print ISSN 1431-9756
- Buy this book on publisher's site