About this book
In Functional Analysis of DNA and Chromatin, expert researchers in the field provide an overview of standard and more recent methods for the functional analysis of the genetic material. These include methods on DNA-dye binding modes, chromatin staining, nuclear dispersion assays, DNA labeling in vivo, sister chromatid exchanges, FISH, DNA and chromatin imaging by fluorescence, electron and atomic force microscopy, detection of apoptotic DNA, cytosine methylation and hydroxy-methylation, DNA thermophoresis, improved methods for histone analysis, chromatin immunoprecipitation, and analysis of rDNA genes and chromatin-associated RNA. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Functional Analysis of DNA and Chromatin seeks to aid scientists in the further study of cellular and molecular biology of the nucleus.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-706-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-705-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-706-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site