About this book
Embryonic stem cells and adult stem cells are the two major types of stem cells that have been used for experimental and clinical studies. Embryonic stem cells are totipotent cells that have the capability to differentiate into any type of cell in the body. In Cellular Cardiomyoplasty: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field detail many of the methods which are now commonly used to study cellular cardiomyoplasty. Methods and techniques described in this volume use only adult stem cells or adult progenitor cells. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and Practical, Cellular Cardiomyoplasty: Methods and Protocols will benefit the cardiologist, cardiothoracic surgeons, biologist (cell, molecular, or structural), biochemist, and physiologist who are interested in understanding and treating damaged myocardium and failing heart.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-511-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-510-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-511-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site