Table of contents
About this book
Understanding the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying the development of specific neural circuits is not just an intellectual curiosity but also central to our ability to develop therapeutic approaches to repair damaged pathways in the future. In Neural Development: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field contribute commonly used protocols to facilitate future research in developmental neuroscience. Split into four convenient sections, this detailed volume covers techniques of culturing neurons and glia as well as their growth and differentiation, methods of gene delivery and down regulation, protocols for analyzing axon growth and guidance plus synapse formation, and, finally, basic methods to analyze brain morphology and axon pathways in developing animals. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and accessible, Neural Development: Methods and Protocols provides key guidance for students and postdoctoral fellows new to developmental neurobiology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-444-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-443-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-444-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site