Table of contents
About this book
Microsatellites or simple sequence repeats (SSRs) have become the markers of choice for a variety of molecular studies because of their versatility, operational flexibility, and lower cost than other marker systems. Microsatellites: Methods and Protocols brings together experts in the field to cover this significant area of research. Broken in to four convenient parts, this volume delves into classical and modern methods for the discovery and development of microsatellite markers, descriptions of amplification and visualization of SSRs, automated capillary sequencers that are widely used for fragment analysis, as well as a variety of methods for the analysis of data obtained by the use of microsatellites. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and invaluable, Microsatellites: Methods and Protocols aims at researchers that need detailed protocols for incorporating microsatellite markers into their projects and expert scientists looking to expand their knowledge of SSRs discovery, use, and analysis.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-389-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-388-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-389-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site