About this book
Since the first edition of Protein Nanotechnology Protocols Instruments and Applications the intersection of protein science and nanotechnology has become an exciting frontier in interdisciplinary sciences. The second edition of Protein Nanotechnology Protocols Instruments and Applications expands upon the previous editions with current, detailed chapters that provide examples of proteins which are now being harnessed for a wide range of applications, some more developed than others. This book also delves into engineering proteins and an overview of the sorts of tools that are now readily available to manipulate the structure and function of proteins, both rationally and using methods inspired by evolution. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Protein Nanotechnology Protocols Instruments and Applications, Second Edition seeks to provide an overview of this multi-faceted field and a useful guide to those who wish to contribute to it.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-354-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, New York 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-353-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-354-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site