Table of contents
About this book
Meiosis is one of the most critical processes in eukaryotes, required for continuation of species and generation of new variation. In plants, meiotic recombination is by far the most important source of genetic variation. In Plant Meiosis: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field detail methods for molecular cytogenetics and chromosome analysis in plants. These state-of -the-art protocols allow studying the organization and behavior of the genetic material in a wide range of both model and crop species. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step and readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Plant Meiosis: Methods and Protocols provides and extensive list of protocols developed and used in a number of laboratories at the cutting edge of meiosis and chromosome research.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-333-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-332-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-333-6
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site