Table of contents
About this book
The major reason for the elevated costs of drug development in the pharmaceutical industry is the high attrition rate. In Target Identification and Validation in Drug Discovery: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field detail many of the methods which are now commonly used to identify and validate new target. These include methods and approaches covering biochemical, cell based, in vivo models and translational methods. Chapters also include selected case reports that demonstrate the integration of these technologies to real life experiences and to demonstrate the multiple use of more than one technology to increase knowledge on a specific target. These Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, the chapters include the kind of detailed description and implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results in the laboratory.
Thorough and intuitive, Target Identification and Validation in Drug Discovery: Methods and Protocols contains a comprehensive list of essential methods and clear protocols to follow.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-311-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-310-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-311-4
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book