Table of contents
About this book
Activation, inhibition, or destruction of the nervous system or its component parts as a vital tool for the investigation of function has undergone remarkable development; indeed, new approaches have been developed that allow for these actions to be used as therapeutic tools. In Stimulation and Inhibition of Neurons, experts in the field provide an overview of modern methods for generating lesions as well as for stimulating and inhibiting neural pathways. Many new techniques such as optogenetics and the use of the in situ perfused preparation are examined, while, in other sections, the use and validity of more well-known approaches are reassessed. Written for the Neuromethods series, chapters examine their respective topics thoroughly and include the kind of detail and implementation advice that ensures successful results in the laboratory.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Stimulation and Inhibition of Neurons serves as an ideal guide for researchers seeking to gain further knowledge of the complex functions of the brain.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-233-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-232-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-233-9
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- Buy this book on publisher's site