About this book
At some point in their careers, virtually every scientist and technician, as well as many medical professionals, regardless of their area of specialization have a need to utilize cell culture systems. Updating and significantly expanding upon the previous editions, Basic Cell Culture Protocols, Fourth Edition provides the novice cell culturist with sufficient information to perform the basic techniques, to ensure the health and identity of their cell lines, and to be able to isolate and culture specialized primary cell types. The intent of this extensive volume is to generate a valuable resource containing clear methodologies pertinent to current areas of investigation, rather than attempting to educate cell culturists on specific cell types or organ systems. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and up-to-date, Basic Cell Culture Protocols, Fourth Edition compiles the essential techniques needed to approach this vital laboratory activity with full success.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-128-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-127-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-128-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site