About this book
Recent findings have implied a distinct therapeutic potential for drugs targeting Transient Receptor Potential (TRP) channels in a wide variety of diseases, many with no existing satisfactory treatment options. Thus, the TRP superfamily of ion channels has attracted a great deal of well-deserved attention. TRP Channels in Drug Discovery provides a thorough collection of the most up-to-date reviews and protocols on the subject, coming from top experts in the field. Volume II presents practical methodologies involving models for disorders of the cardiovascular system, the brain, skin, the metabolic system, as well as colitis, cancer, thermosensation, and musculoskeletal disorders. Written for the Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology™ series, this work includes the kind of detailed description and key implementation advice that ensures successful results in the lab.
Comprehensive and cutting-edge, TRP Channels in Drug Discovery serves as an ideal reference for graduate students in academic laboratories as well as for pharmaceutical scientists developing new drugs and clinicians interested in novel drugs in the pipeline.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-095-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-094-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-095-3
- Series Print ISSN 1557-2153
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6053
- About this book