Table of contents
About this book
Over the past decade, there has been an explosive development of research of intrinsically disordered proteins (IDPs), which are also known as unfolded proteins. Structural biologists now recognize that the functional diversity provided by disordered regions complements the functional repertoire of ordered protein regions. In Intrinsically Disordered Protein Analysis :Methods and Experimental Tools, expert researchers explore the high abundance of IDPs in various organisms, their unique structural features, numerous functions, and crucial associations with different diseases. Volume 1 includes sections on assessing IDPs in the living cell,NMR based techniques, vibrational spectroscopy, and other spectroscopic techniques. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, the chapters include the kind of detailed description and implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results in the laboratory.
Thorough and intuitive, Intrinsically Disordered Protein Analysis: Methods and Experimental Tools helps scientists further their investigations of these fascinating and dynamic molecules.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-927-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-926-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-927-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site