Table of contents
About this book
Proteins are the functional units of the cellular machinery and they provide significant information regarding the molecular basis of health and disease. Therefore, techniques to separate and isolate the various proteins are critical to studying and understanding their functional characteristics. One of the widely used techniques for this purpose is electrophoresis. In Protein Electrophoresis: Methods and Protocols, contributions from experts in the field have been collected in order to provide practical guidelines to this complex study. Each chapter outlines a specific electrophoretic variant in detail so that laboratory scientists may perform a technique new to their lab without difficulty. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and accessible, Protein Electrophoresis: Methods and Protocols seeks to serve laboratory scientists with well-honed, detailed methodologies in an effort to further our knowledge of this essential field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-821-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-820-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-821-4
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site