Table of contents
About this book
Today, cells are commonly analyzed en masse, with thousands of cells per sample, yielding results on the average response of the cells. However, cellular heterogeneity implies that in order to learn more about cellular behaviour, it is important to study how individual cells respond, one by one. In Single-Cell Analysis: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field provide an update on the field of single-cell analysis wherein the latest findings and applications are described in detail. The methods described in this book include a few examples of conventional methods and several examples of miniaturized methods. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and accessible, Single-Cell Analysis: Methods and Protocols encourages readers to explore new ways of studying cells that may help lead to exciting new discoveries.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-567-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-566-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-567-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site