Table of contents
About this book
Now recognized as a reservoir for growth factors and cytokines modulating cell activation status and turnover, proteoglycans have stimulated great amount of interest and research. In Proteoglycans: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field examine issues of basic concepts and up-to-date analysis methods for proteoglycan and glycosaminoglycan (GAG) at the protein and saccharide levels. The volume continues with the multifunctional aspect of proteoglycans, highlighted through three relevant examples of proteoglycans with highly different strucutures: serglycin, aggrecan, and heparin sulphate proteoglycans. The final chapter describes proteoglycan involvement in the pathogenesis of various disorders and their potential therapeutic value in osteo-articular diseases. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and accessible, Proteoglycans: Methods and Protocols is an ideal guide for scientists attempting to pursue further research in this vital and complex area of study.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-498-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-497-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-498-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site