About this book
Transcriptomics and proteomics, studying the profile of the expression of nucleic acids and proteins respectively, are increasingly applied to gain a mechanistic insight into a wide spectrum of investigation, and the use of expression profiling studies for the central nervous system and brain function aids in the understanding of neurodegenerative disorders and tumor development mechanisms. In Expression Profiling in Neuroscience, expert researchers provide a survey of the most commonly used approaches in the field and scan the different ways of studying the central nervous system/brain environment through expression profiling. The first part addresses the gene expression profiling of the brain at a large scale or to a specific cell type such as blood-brain barrier endothelium. Then, the second part describes the protein expression studies and the different technologies applied. Written for the popular Neuromethods series, chapters include corresponding background information, tested laboratory protocols, and step-by-step methods for reproducible laboratory experiments.
Detailed and authoritative, Expression Profiling in Neuroscience presents the state-of-the-art techniques necessary to expand research further into this vital area of study.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-448-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-447-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-448-3
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- Buy this book on publisher's site