Table of contents
About this book
Proteomics by means of mass spectrometry has rapidly changed the way that we analyze proteomes. Gel-Free Proteomics: Methods and Protocols addresses contemporary methods for gel-free proteome research with a special focus on differential analysis and protein modifications. Divided into twenty-five chapters, this detailed volume meticulously describes vital procedures needed to perform gel-free proteomics, ranging from sample preparation, isotope labeling for differential proteomics, enrichment technologies for modified proteins and peptides, and bioinformatics. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and easily accessible, Gel-Free Proteomics: Methods and Protocols serves as a timely resource for both professionals and novices pursuing research in this critical field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-148-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-147-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-148-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book