Table of contents
About this book
In the past few years, the application of proteomics to examine the molecular mechanisms underlying (mal-)functioning of the nervous system and brain disorders has risen steeply, which in many cases has yielded novel insights. As neuroproteomics is a new research field involving the use of a number of high-end analytical instruments and technologies, both promises and pitfalls may not be well appreciated by the researchers, and the design of a proper proteomics experiment may not be obvious. Neuroproteomics brings together a collection of detailed protocols written by experienced professionals in the field in order to cover aspects of various dimensions of this new technology, together with some established methods that have supporting roles in the workflow of neuroproteomics. Written for the popular Neuromethods series, the chapters in this book contain step-by-step, easy to follow instruction along with practical tips and key implementation advice essential for successful implementation of the techniques.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Neuroproteomics will be of great assistance to all researchers seeking to design and execute their own proteomics experiments in an optimal way and continue moving forward this exciting area of study.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-111-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-110-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-111-6
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- Buy this book on publisher's site