Table of contents
About this book
Regenerating the Heart: Stem Cells and the Cardiovascular System organizes the field into a digestible body of knowledge. Its four sections cover mechanical regeneration, electrical regeneration, cardiac tissues and in vivo stem cell therapies. An array of talented researchers share the fruits of their labors, with chapters covering such crucial issues as the cardiogenic potential of varying stem cell types, the ways in which they might be used to tackle arrhythmias, their possible application to biological replacements for cardiac tissues such as valves, and the varying approaches used in the in vivo evaluation of stem cell therapies, including methods of delivering stem cells to the myocardium.
This comprehensive survey of an area of research with such exciting potential is an invaluable resource both for veteran stem cell researchers who need to monitor fresh developments, and for newly minted investigators seeking inspirational examples.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-021-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-020-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-021-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site