About this book
Continued refinement of wide-spread access to transgenic technology has allowed for new animal models have been developed that exhibit features of autoimmune disease. have been developed that exhibit features of autoimmune disease. The second edition of Autoimmunity: Methods and Protocols researchers in the field detail many of the most up-to-date methods which are now commonly used to study autoimmunity. The first half the book focuses on methods and protocols used to assess immunological and biochemical pathways of diseases pathogenesis in human subjects. While the second half investigates treatment of inflammatory arthritis, experimental allergic encephalomyelitis (EAE), IDDM, scleroderma, and uveitis in animal models and assessment of genetic, immunological, and biochemical parameters underlying spontaneous or exogenous antigen-induced diseases. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(tm) series format, the chapters include the kind of detailed description and implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results in the laboratory.
Through and intuitive, Autoimmunity: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition seeks to aid scientists in the autoimmunity field to extract new meaning of old models and developing new ones.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-60761-720-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2012
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-60761-719-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-60761-720-4
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site