About this book
Through a variety of mechanisms, cancer cells provide the biomarker material that can lead to their own detection, which then grants clinicians the opportunity for non-invasive body fluid and tissue analysis able to indicate the presence of tumors or the level of tumor burden. In Tumor Biomarker Discovery: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field present detailed chapters focused on the use and development of panels of biomarker analytes while covering subjects such as nucleic acids and protein-based technologies, metabolic profiling by analytic means or spectroscopy, as well as study designs for biomarker discovery and validation. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include brief introductions to the topics, lists of the necessary materials or reagents, step-by-step laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and authoritative, Tumor Biomarker Discovery: Methods and Protocols is an ideal guide to the technologies that can be used to discover and validate tumor biomarker panels suitable for the presymptomatic early detection of cancer.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-60327-811-9
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2009
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-60327-810-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-60327-811-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site