Table of contents
About this book
This book provides numerous methods for identification, validation, and functional characterization of chimeric RNAs, herein described as any transcript which contains the nucleotide sequence of two distinct parental genes. Beginning with identification and characterization through bioinformatics tools, the book continues with experimental validation using RT-PCR, hybridization methods for RNA, and the use of mass spectrometry data for fusion protein validation, as well as functional and mechanistic studies of chimeric RNAs and translational applications. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Chimeric RNA: Methods and Protocols is an ideal guide to this expansive field and an inspiration to researchers seeking to further our knowledge of these remarkable features of the transcriptome.
Gene fusion Transcription-mediated fusions Fusion transcripts Bioinformatics Translational applications
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9904-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9903-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9904-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site