About this book
This second edition volume expands on the previous editions with updates on the commonly used techniques and analysis used by clinicians and scientists to study diabetes. The chapters in this book cover topics such as nutritional models of type 2 diabetes mellitus; the isolation and purification of rodent pancreatic islets of Langerhans; nitric oxide and redox state measurements in pancreatic beta cells; and primary adipocytes as a model for insulin sensitivity. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and practical, Type 2 Diabetes: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition is a valuable resource for all researchers who are interested in learning more about this important and evolving field.
whole exosome sequencing (WES) gene expression insulin hyperinsulinemia chemoinformatics
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9882-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9880-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9882-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site