About this book
This volume provides readers with a historical foundation in standard techniques and a comprehensive update on the latest methods used in making gene-modified mice. The chapters in this book cover topics such as pronuclear microinjection in one-cell embryos; embryo transfer surgery; nuclear transfer and cloning; blastocyst microinjection; and cryobanking and recovery of genetically modified mice. Importantly, there are chapters devoted to the latest application of CRISPR technology, as well as the establishment of induced pluripotent stem cells. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and authoritative, Transgenic Mouse: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for both novice and expert researchers who are interested in learning more about this evolving field.
pronuclear injection embryonic stem cells Enzymatic modifier systems Spermatogonial Nuclear transfer
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9837-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9836-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9837-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site