About this book
This third edition volume expands on the previous editions with a discussion of new and updated methods used to study drug delivery. Chapters cover topics such as drug delivery in cancer and intrathecal delivery of analgesics in humans. The increasing role of nanobiotechnology is reflected in eight of the sixteen chapters that include synthesis of gold nanoparticles; targeted siRNA delivery; and lipid nanocarriers. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and thorough, Drug Delivery Systems: Methods and Protocols, Third Edition is a valuable resource for scientists working in industry or academia, and physicians involved in research and clinical care of patients.
Targeted drug delivery Gene therapy Cancer therapeutics Antibodies Pharmaceuticals
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9798-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9797-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9798-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site