About this book
This volume aims to cover all major methodological aspects of research into purinergic signaling and to provide a foundation for studying them at molecular, biochemical, pharmacological, and physiological levels. Chapters guide readers through current knock-out and knock-in mouse models, in silico modeling, knock down purinoceptor expression, bioluminiscence resonance energy transfer, enzyme-based biosensors, recording P2X receptor electrophysiology, controlling P2X receptors by optogenetics, inflammasome activation, leukocyte migration, and cell adhesion. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Purinergic Signaling: Methods and Protocols will provide a sound basis for molecular, cellular, and physiological research into purinergic signaling in health and disease and will spark interest in this fascinating signaling process among researchers in many different and unrelated disciplines.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9717-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9716-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9717-6
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site