Table of contents
About this book
This book presents a comprehensive toolkit of versatile techniques for studying microglia under different experimental settings along with a brief summary of knowledge, accumulated in microglial research over the last decades. Beginning with recently discovered roles of microglia in health and disease, the volume continues by covering in vitro analyses of microglia, in vivo studies, and “omics” analyses. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Microglia: Methods and Protocols serves as a vital guide to these important cells and an inspiration for scientists interested in expanding our knowledge of their role in the nervous system.
Functional brain networks Immune mediators Microglial research Synaptic contacts Cognitive ability Brain immunity
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9658-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9657-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9658-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site