About this book
This detailed volume explores essential protocols for the study of Proteus mirabilis which, despite its genetic relatedness to species such as E. coli, often requires specialized handling techniques. This opportunistic bacterial pathogen, most often known as a causative agent of complicated urinary tract infection, is addressed in chapters from global experts in the field. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Proteus mirabilis: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal guide for researchers intrigued by the renewed appreciation for the medical impact and environmental adaptability of this organism, coupled with continued fascination for its dynamic behavior.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9601-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9600-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9601-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site