About this book
This detailed collection gathers both established and recent technical procedures to study the Endosomal Sorting Complex Required for Transport (ESCRT) complexes in a wide range of biological systems: Archaea, A. thaliana, U. maydis, S. cerevisiae, S. pombe, C. elegans, D. melanogaster, and mammalian cells. Opening with a section on imaging techniques, the book continues with chapters covering biochemical approaches presenting strategies for production and characterization of recombinant ESCRT proteins, or of specific ESCRT protein domains, as well as genetic and proteomic experimental approaches. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introduction to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, The ESCRT Complexes: Methods and Protocols serves as a compact guide for researchers interested in establishing an integrated approach to investigate the ESCRT machinery functions in cell biology.
Endosomal Sorting Complexes Required for Transport ESCRT proteins Imaging techniques Membrane structures Genetic approaches
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9492-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9491-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9492-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site