About this book
This book comprises a collection of chapters describing topics from traditional radiation cytogenetic analysis methods to the modern fluorescence based-analysis and high throughput automatic analysis methods. Cytogenetic analysis is important not only in order to understand radiation-induced DNA damage in cells, but it is also a standard biological method to estimate human radiation exposure in the radiation accidents. Therefore, we prepared a series of chapters not only covering biological aspects but also exploring radiation physics and radiation protection. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and equipment, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Radiation Cytogenetics: Methods and Protocols serves both novices working on their first experiments as well as experienced researchers searching for tried-and-true techniques to adapt for their own laboratory.
Chromosomal aberration Biodosimetry Metaphase chromosome spreads Ionizing radiation DNA damage
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9432-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9430-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9432-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site