Table of contents
About this book
This detailed volume explores the NADPH oxidase family of enzymes in human physiology and genetic disease, in which early discoveries represent prime examples of the finest translational “from bed to bench and back” studies. Methods are included for testing assembly and function of multicomponent oxidase complexes and for analyzing reactive oxygen species (ROS) generation in different systems by various means, while addressing pitfalls of ROS probes currently being used, as well as protocols on NADPH oxidase regulation and their function in cells. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introduction to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, NADPH Oxidases: Methods and Protocols will aid researchers working with the NOX/DUOX family in continuing and expanding upon their vital research.
NOX/DUOX family Multicomponent oxidase complexes Genetic diseases Reactive oxygen species Oxidase regulation Disease modeling
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9424-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9423-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9424-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site