About this book
This detailed book provides a state-of-the-art compilation of protocols relevant for the experimental study of cholestasis, each written by internationally recognized research teams that have built up long-standing expertise regarding one or more aspects of experimental cholestasis research. The first half of the collection examines methods targeted towards studying established and new mechanisms of cholestasis, while the second half explores experimental models and tools to investigate mechanisms of cholestasis and/or to predict cholestatic properties of drugs. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Experimental Cholestasis Research serves as an ideal guide for basic and applied researchers pursuing this vital area of research in pharmacology and toxicology.
Drug-induced liver injury Liver toxicology DILI Cholestatic drug properties Model organisms Impaired bile secretion Hepatocellular injury
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9420-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9419-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9420-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site