About this book
This volume details established experimental protocols on the isolation, characterization, and detection of extracellular matrix (ECM) molecules as well as methods to study the activity and role of ECM components on various biological functions, the formation of exosomes, and tissue surrogates. Chapters display a variety of protocols ranging from biochemical, cell, and molecular biology assays to complex tissue imaging techniques and in vivo models to elucidate the role of the extracellular matrix. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, The Extracellular Matrix: Methods and Protocols aims to provide protocols and applications that can be used by both Ph.D. students and senior researchers to advance research in the field of extracellular matrix biology.
ECM molecules Cell-matrix interactions Drug delivery Matrix biology Exosomes Tissue surrogates
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9133-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9132-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9133-4
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site