About this book
This volume provides the reader with detailed protocols that describe a variety of in vitro and in vivo techniques that study reductionist systems and human samples. The methods covered in this book explore a broad selection of topics such as functional aspects of alpha-synuclein biology, its lipid-interactions and misfolding, and functional deficits in cells and mice. Chapters also cover topics such as kinetic measurements of endocytosis and exocytosis in cultured neurons; electrochemiluminescence-based detection; yeast-based screens to target alpha-synuclein toxicity; mass-spectrometry of alpha-synuclein in rat cortical neurons; and expression and purification of untagged a-synuclein. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Alpha-Synuclein: Methods and Protocols is a valuable reference guide that aids researchers working on topics related to alpha-synuclein and its various aspects.
endocytosis exocytosis amyloid formation protein-protein interaction rodent models toxicity
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9124-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9123-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9124-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site